Pure peanut butter bliss stuffed with ooey gooey rolos. Peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate are a winning combination.
The peanut butter cookie is very simple and it's a base recipe I've used before from sallysbakingaddiction.com (<love that blog!). It is the ultimate in soft, chewy, cookies with extreme peanut butter flavor. Mmm!
Now, what do you do when you have a winning cookie recipe? You stuff it with candy, duh! I totally adored the flavor combo and I know you will too. All you have to do is smoosh a rolo in one small piece of cookie dough, take another small piece of cookie dough to cover it, and roll it into a ball shape. Then bake for a few minutes and bada bing bada boom. A sneaky chocolate caramel surprise inside each and every cookie. And, here I am left with no more cookies but thoughts of cookies stuffed with mini Reese's. Oh dear.
Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 24-30 rolos (depends on the size of your cookies)
- Cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Add the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix in the baking soda and flour being careful not to overmix. Chill the dough for 30 minutes so it will be easier to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or prepare with cooking spray.
- Take about 1.5 tbsp of dough and split it in half. Stick a rolo candy in one half and top with the other half of dough. Seal the sides - I did this simply by rolling the dough into a ball shape with the rolo inside. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Allow to cool.