Sunday, June 9, 2013

Copycat Minnie's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Supreme Cookies

So I made cookies this weekend.



Twice. Not because they were so good I had to make more. Because I failed the first time. You win some, you lose some. The second batch was a win.


I went to Disney World about 2 weeks ago. I, sadly, missed my chance on a Minnie's Bake Shop Cookie. I was skeptical about their prepackaged selves. I later went online and found out that people are crazy for them. Of course. So I had to make a copycat to get a taste of what I was missing.


If these are anything like Minnie's version, then I know I want to try them next time I visit Disney World! They are huge. They are delicious. They are loaded with goodies and soft, tender and moist on the inside. They are not your average chocolate chip cookies. I used chocolate chunks and cut up twix bars in mine but feel free to use any morsels, nuts, or candy pieces you desire! The more the merrier!


I hope Minnie understands that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :)

Copycat Minnie's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Supreme Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 6 Tbsp powdered sugar
  • 2 Tbsp egg, beaten
  • 1 Tbsp water
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 pack of 2 twix bars, cut up
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chunks

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, cream together softened butter and sugars. Add the beaten egg, water, and vanilla. Beat just until combined. 
  2. Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda. Fold in the chocolate and candy pieces (or add-ins of your choice). 
  3. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out mounds of dough onto the cookie sheet. They are large so you will only be able to fit 4-5 per sheet. Place the sheet with mounds of dough into the freezer. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes. 
  4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Remove the cookie sheet from freezer and place directly into the oven. Bake for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cookies are golden on the edges. Remove from oven. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to cool completely. Eat up! 
 Makes about 7-8 large cookies. Adapted from The Disney Diner.

4 comments:

  1. Twix in cookies!? What a fabulous idea! I can't wait to try this! So glad to have found your blog - so full of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! These look fabulous!!! Love your idea :)
    xox Amy

    ReplyDelete