These are not those cookies. Oh no. These cookies are so soft and chewy, packed with pretzel M&Ms and peanut butter flavor. I am definitely #teamchewy when it comes to cookies. If you are too, then you'll definitely enjoy these cookies.
I love baking with peanut butter because it seems to add depth of flavor and give cookies an extra thick, chewy texture. These cookies use even more peanut butter than most peanut butter cookie recipes! They also use more brown sugar than white which lends to a soft, chewy texture.
|Leaning Tower of Cookies|
After making the fantastic peanut butter cookie dough, I added in about 1 1/2 cups of crushed pretzel M&Ms. Those M&Ms are delicious in a cookie or not, by the way. Sweet and salty bliss.
Have I convinced you yet? These cookies will not disappoint!
Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup pretzel M&Ms
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed.
- Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
- On low speed, mix in the baking soda and flour until just combined.
- Crush the pretzel M&Ms into large pieces. (I put the M&Ms in a sealed bag and crushed them gently with a can. Be sure not to over-crush or the candy coating may separate from the pretzel piece.)
- Fold in the pretzel M&Ms and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Drop cookie dough onto cookie sheet and press down slightly. The cookies will not spread much.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. The cookies may appear underdone. Allow cookies to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction