Sunday, March 31, 2013

XXL Peanut Butter Cookie with Reese's Pieces

Have you ever wanted an XXL cookie?



To eat up all by yourself share with a loved one? I know I have! Sometimes, a regular cookie just won't do, even a large cookie won't do. Sometimes, you just need an XXL cookie.

This cookie is sure to satisfy your cravings. To be honest, I did share this cookie with my mom. I could have easily eaten the whole thing, albeit with a very full stomach!

Giant cookies just give me happiness that I can't explain. Some things are better fun sized and some things are better giganta-sized. I like my cookies giganta-sized.

As an added bonus, it's super easy to throw together. All it takes is one bowl to mix up the cookie dough. Then you form one giant ball of dough and pop it in the oven.

Am I alone in thinking that the best part of the cookie is the ever so soft middle zone? I'm not? Ok, good! Well, with giant cookies, the middle zone is quadrupled!

Soft cookie, warm cookie, little ball of dough
Happy cookie, yummy cookie, purr...err I may have gotten my lyrics messed up. (Fans of The Big Bang Theory will understand ;) )

You can use different add-ins if you like. You could use m&ms, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, etc. The options are endless! I liked the added dosage of peanut butter from the reese's pieces.

Can you even handle the colossal size of this cookie? It took up half of my cookie sheet!

So go start to make this cookie now, and in a mere 30 minutes, you can be feasting on this delicious, peanut buttery, monster cookie!

XXL Peanut Butter Cookie with Reese's Pieces

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp butter or margarine, at room temperature
  • 2 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp beaten egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
  • 1/2 cup reese's pieces (or other add-ins measuring a total of 1/2 cup)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. 
  2. In a large bowl, whisk the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add 2 tbsp of a beaten egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Stir in peanut butter, then add flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the reese's pieces (or other add-ins). 
  3. Spoon the cookie dough into a large ball on the prepared baking sheet. (Alternatively, you may split the dough into 4 regular sized cookies. Adjust baking time accordingly.)
  4. Bake for 17-19 minutes. Allow the cookie to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. 
 Makes 1 XXL cookie or 4 regular cookies. Recipe adapted from Picky Palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment