I don't know how the weather is in other parts of the world, but in North Carolina, it was beautiful yesterday.
Sunny with a high of 70 = perfection. I went to the park and swung, then went rock climbing with some friends in the evening.
With the warming trend, that is, spring, I thought a good frozen treat was in order. :)
I really want an ice cream maker, but at this point in my life, that wish is unfulfilled. But no worries! I have a wonderful recipe for frozen yogurt that uses no fancy appliances!
This isn't your average frozen yogurt, either. This is chocolate chip cookie dough fro-yo, for the love of cookies! I loved it so incredibly much! It's smooth, creamy and satisfies my ice cream craving, all without an ice cream maker.
You start by making an egg-less cookie dough (I used a lot of self-control not to dig in right then!). Then, you simply mix in a container of vanilla greek yogurt. Transfer to a freezer safe container, let it set up, and dive in! Rather than having chunks of cookie dough mixed in, this literally tastes like cookie dough! I wish I had some right now!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 6 oz (1 container) vanilla greek yogurt
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Gradually add in the flour, baking soda, and salt on low speed or with a spoon. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Add yogurt and stir until combined.
- Place in a sealed freezer safe container. Freeze until set, about 8 hours.