Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fro-Yo

 I don't know how the weather is in other parts of the world, but in North Carolina, it was beautiful yesterday. 

Sunny with a high of 70 = perfection. I went to the park and swung, then went rock climbing with some friends in the evening. 

With the warming trend, that is, spring, I thought a good frozen treat was in order. :) 
I really want an ice cream maker, but at this point in my life, that wish is unfulfilled. But no worries! I have a wonderful recipe for frozen yogurt that uses no fancy appliances! 

This isn't your average frozen yogurt, either. This is chocolate chip cookie dough fro-yo, for the love of cookies! I loved it so incredibly much! It's smooth, creamy and satisfies my ice cream craving, all without an ice cream maker. 

You start by making an egg-less cookie dough (I used a lot of self-control not to dig in right then!). Then, you simply mix in a container of vanilla greek yogurt. Transfer to a freezer safe container, let it set up, and dive in! Rather than having chunks of cookie dough mixed in, this literally tastes like cookie dough! I wish I had some right now! 

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda (optional)
  • 1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 6 oz (1 container) vanilla greek yogurt

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until combined. 
  2. Gradually add in the flour, baking soda, and salt on low speed or with a spoon. Mix until combined. 
  3. Fold in the chocolate chips. Add yogurt and stir until combined. 
  4. Place in a sealed freezer safe container. Freeze until set, about 8 hours. 
Makes about 4-5 servings. Recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment