Monday, April 22, 2013

Sugar Cookie Dough Truffles

We've finally reached the very last truffle recipe from my Truffle Mania. 




I started out by sharing a version of Cookie Dough Truffles. Cookie dough: free of salmonella, covered in a chocolate shell. I like the sound of that.





Then, things took a turn for the peanut buttery. That's always a good direction to go in my opinion. I shared a small batch recipe for Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Truffles which uses a grand total of 3 ingredients. So much goodness comes from so little.





Next, I shared a dream with you, a Peanut Butter Dream. They're smooth, creamy, and reminiscent of a Reese's egg.





I kept the peanut butter theme going with Chubby Hubby Truffles. I like to call them the ultimate flavor trifecta, combining pretzels, chocolate, and peanut butter.




I hope you're not disappointed to find out the recipe I've saved for last has nothing to do with peanut butter. But, it has everything to do with cookie dough! This time, I've made an egg free sugar cookie dough filling and covered it in decadent white chocolate for a major sugar rush. Sweet tooths rejoice. Sweet teeth rejoice? Whatever, moving on.


Decadent is definitely the word to describe these truffles. Am I the only one who loves sugar cookie dough equally as much as chocolate chip? Cookie dough of any variety works for me.

I knew that I didn't want to coat these candies in dark or even milk chocolate, so I turned to rich and creamy Ghiradelli white chocolate chips. They didn't let me down. Feel free to use a vanilla candy coating. Top with confetti sprinkles because, sprinkles.


Yes, the reason for sprinkles, is sprinkles. Perfect logic. Next time, I plan on mixing sprinkles right into the filling for an added dose of fun and crunch!

 

If I was a demanding person, I would demand you go make these immediately. I, however, am very reasonable. Thus, I will highly recommend you go make these or another truffle variety unless you have some allergy to deliciousness. In which case, I pity you.

Sugar Cookie Dough Truffles

Ingredients:

  • 5 tsp flour
  • 2/3 Tbsp butter, softened
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • Dash of vanilla
  • 1 tsp milk
  • Melted chocolate or candy coating

Directions:

  1.  Mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Add milk 1 tsp at a time, if needed. Mix in flour and sprinkles if desired. Roll into 1 inch balls and chill in fridge or freezer. 
  2. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate or candy coating. Prepare a surface covered in wax paper to allow the truffles to set. 
  3. Remove the balls from the fridge or freezer. Dip in the melted chocolate. Adorn with sprinkles, if desired. Set on wax paper and allow about 30 minutes to set or 10 minutes in the fridge. Eat up!
Makes about 2 truffles. Filling adapted from Willow Bird Baking


2 comments:

  1. I love cookie dough truffles and I've never seen them for sugar cookie dough. These look so pretty and tasty! I have a sweet tooth so I know what you mean. :)

    ReplyDelete