Pardon me. They just make me want to sing!
These cookies are so easy, delicious, and fun. It's a win - win - win!
Let me break it down for you. (And now I want to rap, I have problems.)
So a super easy cookie recipe that tastes like cake batter and is full of rainbow sprinkles - well, that just takes the cake.
I couldn't help myself.
The secret to making these cookies so easily and full of cake batter flavor is using a boxed cake mix. All you have to do is mix up the cake mix, eggs, oil, baking powder, vanilla, and sprinkles, of course! The dough is mixed by hand - no mixer required. They also don't require any chilling. Make the dough, pop it in the oven, and they bake up thick and puffy!
Another thing I love about these cookies is that they're so customizable. You can use a different type of cake mix for a different type of cookie. You can use different mix-ins or sprinkles. The sky is the limit. For example: strawberry cake mix with chocolate chips, chocolate cake mix with peanut butter chips, red velvet with white chocolate chips, etc. Just a few ideas there...
My pictures don't do these cookies justice. They're thick, soft, puffy, crinkly topped, sprinkle laden, cake batter tasting cookies of goodness. That sums it up quite nicely!
Since they start with a mix and there's no chill time, they're perfect for when you need cookies fast!
Cake Batter Cookies
- 1 box (18.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Optional: 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Add the egg mixture to the cake mix and stir until a dough forms. Make sure all the dry pockets of cake mix are gone. Mix in the sprinkles and optional white chocolate chips.
- Drop one inch balls of dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Do not let the cookies brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. The tops will settle down as they cool. Remove from baking sheet to cool completely.