One rainy Sunday evening, I paced around my house wondering what junk food I could stuff in my face before the weekend came to an abrupt end. Alas, all I seemed to find was....Cinnamon Cream Cheese Snack Delights.
It's so delicious, it should be illegal. (I can say the same for the milk and dark chocolate but I have yet to try the white chocolate and caramel.) So, why isn't that a perfectly good choice? Well, I've already eaten it with about 500 mini pretzels. And, truth be told, the pretzels really just seemed to be getting in the way. What really sounded good to me was a graham cracker dipped in the stuff! Did I have graham crackers? No, no I did not. Did I have graham cracker crumbs? Yes, yes I did. So, I'll take the stuff, mix it together and cover it in white chocolate. That should suit my end-of-the-weekend-binge-craving.
I was right. And had extra chocolate to dip pretzels in. In this case, the pretzels do not get in the way. Rather, they complement the white chocolate quite nicely.
These truffles are cinnamony delights. I can't say enough about my love of truffles. I love the smooth, creamy, sweet interior, coated in a hard chocolate shell. Per. fect. ion. The cinnamon flavor really shines in these truffles. I thought about coating them with regular (semi-sweet chocolate chips) chocolate but I'm glad I went with white. The rich white chocolate balances out the cinnamon interior quite nicely.
Oh boy, do I wish I had made more than 2. Curse my small batch making self. Doesn't my self know that I need to end-of-the-weekend-binge?!
Good thing I have chocolate covered pretzels to comfort me. My advice: make these. And make more than two for goodness sake.
- 1 Tbsp Snack Delights Cream Cheese Cinnamon flavor
- 2 Tbsp graham cracker crumbs (or crush your own graham crackers, use cinnamon for extra cinnamon goodness)
- melted white chocolate
- Mix the cream cheese spread and graham cracker crumbs thoroughly. Form into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place in fridge.
- Prepare a tray with parchment paper for the finished truffles.
- Melt white chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring between each. (For more tips on melting chocolate, see Chocolate Tips and Tricks.)
- Remove the balls from the fridge. Dip in the white chocolate, making sure to coat the entire ball. Place on the prepared tray with parchment. Allow to cool and harden. Place in the fridge to speed up the process. Enjoy!