Classic Books: The Picture of Dorian Gray, Great Expectations, The Outsiders, How to Kill a Mockingbird
Classic Cookies: Chocolate Chip, Sugar, Chocolate, Gingersnaps and the forlorn, often forgotten, Snickerdoodle.
|Don't you love getting a look at the soft, chewy interior of cookies?|
I derailed for a minute. Let's get this train of thought back on track. These cookies are sweet, cinnamony, soft, chewy, and comforting - everything a perfect cookie should be! They also have options to skinny-fy it if you want to have your cookie and eat it (guilt free) too! It's a batch of four small cookies so you're guilt free no matter what. Unless someone charges you with making four delicious snickerdoodles. In that case, you're guilty as charged.
Did I tell you that these cookies are made without a mixer and that they take almost no time at all? Did I tell you that they can be made vegan and/or skinny? Consider yourself informed.
- 1/4 cup flour of your choice
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1.5 Tbsp butter
- Additional cinnamon and sugar for rolling (3:1 ratio)
- Preheat the oven to 330 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl, then stir in vanilla and milk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Form small balls and roll in a cinnamon sugar mixture with a 3:1 ratio, or 2:1, if you prefer. (Example: 3 Tbsp sugar with 1 Tbsp cinnamon). Chill the balls for about 30 minutes in the fridge or put in the freezer for faster chilling.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will look underdone. Enjoy a warm, cinnamon sugary cookie fresh from the oven!
Makes 4 cookies. Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie.